Posted by Beast575 with 1 Comment
Sorry about the lack of updates, folks! Me and my counterpart have been especially busy as of late, as you may have noticed. So, here are the most important things that have happened within the past couple of weeks that you need to know about:
- Kathryn McCormick (pictured above), one of the ballerinas from the short film, “Matched,” has been cast as the lead role in the upcoming “Step Up 4,” directed by Scott Speer. Her character, Emily, is described on the casting website as, “21/Beautiful/Privileged. Her mom died five years ago, it’s a tough reality with uber-successful, ‘father knows best’ dad, Mr. Anderson. Formally trained classical, lyrical dancer. Quarter life crisis – Just graduated NYU, but Emily still holds onto her dream of being a professional dancer. In Miami for the summer and at a crossroads in her life. Strong, smart, and sassy. Always has her guard up against guys, she assumes everyone wants to date her for her money. She meets Sean, who introduces her to his flashmob: a free form, no rules creative outlet, coupled with rebellion and risk.” You can also catch Kathryn as an all-star on the Wednesday’s episode of “So You Think You Can Dance.”
- Daniel “Cloud” Campos (The Illister) can be seen as the lead male in Sade’s new music video, “Love Is Found.”
- The LXD has posted a new photo of Season 3 on their twitter and facebook pages. The picture features Ashley Galvan alongside four other women dressed in military attire; the caption reads, “FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE. LXD SEASON THREE. COMING SOON.”
You can view the photo here.
- LXD choreographer Christopher Scott had two featured routines on this past week’s episode of “So You Think You Can Dance.” One routine highlighted Invisible Children’s cause, and another was a beautiful lyrical routine set to “Just the Way You Are.” You can see the routines here and here.
- Although Jeremy Marinas won’t be returning in Season 3, he will be appearing in the upcoming film, “The Hunger Games,” starring Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson, set to be released in 2012. He’s released a video promoting his appearance in the movie. You can watch his video here.
- Team iLuminate featuring LXD members John “JRock” Nelson, Jay “JSmooth” Gutierrez, Philip “Spee-D” Albuquerque, and Ivan “Flipz” Velez, has made it to the Top 48 on “America’s Got Talent!” Click here to find out more, and click here to see their audition.
- Phillip “Pacman” Chbeeb stars in an online youtube series, “AXI,” or, “Avengers of Xtreme Illusions.” The series is similar to the LXD in style and storytelling, and great for any LXD fan who can’t wait for Season 3. You can watch the first episode here. Episode Two will feature fellow IaMmE members Emilio “Millie” Dosal (choreo video) and Brandon “747″ Harrel (choreo video). IaMmE, winners of “America’s Best Dance Crew,” will be appearing in The LXD’s third season.
- Harry Shum Jr. was the guest coach for the cast of the Glee Project on the episode, “Dance ability.” Be warned, he doesn’t dance himself. He just coaches the dancing! Watch the episode here.
- Video: Lil Demon Planking While Breaking. Enough Said.
This entry was posted on Monday, July 18th, 2011 at 10:24 pm and is filed under Chris Scott, Cloud, Flipz, Harry Shum, IaMmE, JRock, JSmooth, Jeremy Marinas, Kathryn McCormick, Lil Demon, Season 3, Site Update, Spee-D, Step Up 4, Video. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.